Whether you are an avid fisherman or you just admire the beauty of vintage fishing lures, displaying your collection can be a bit of a challenge. At first glance, old fishing lures seem like an odd thing to collect, but the truth is they can be worth some real money. If you want to show off your collection while keeping it safe, here are 3 easy options for how to display old fishing lures in your fishing man cave.
1. Fishing Lure Display Case
A display case (or shadow box) for your fishing lures is probably the most popular way to show off your collection in an organized manner. Display cases are typically wooden and allow the fishing lures to be hung in either a vertical or horizontal way. The fishing lures will be enclosed with a glass case, preventing them from falling out of the case.
1) Decide where you want to place the display case. Some can either be hung on the wall or placed on the wall, depending on their size.
2) Open the top of the display case.
3) Place your chosen fishing lures onto the strings or shelves within the case.
4) Securely close the case.
5) Use nails or another mounting tool to place the display case on the wall (if you decide to hang it on the wall).
If you have a valuable vintage fishing tackle, this is the best way to keep it safe while also keeping it on display.
2. Vintage Fishing Tackle Box
An old school method for fishermen looking to store their fishing lures, a decorative vintage tackle box can be an excellent option for those who don’t want a flashy display. Putting this display together is the easiest out of all three choices.
1) Choose which type of tackle box you want.
2) Open the lid of the tackle box.
3) Place the desired fishing lures in the spaces allotted for them in the tackle box.
4) Place the tackle box on a shelf and leave it open to display your lures.
If you like to take the lures out and enjoy them, this is the best way to store them.
3. Hanging fishing lures on the wall
This method can be considered the most DIY out of all of them but it allows for more creativity. You can decide if you want to use string, wood, wire, or more to hang fishing lures.
1) Decide where you want to hang your fishing lures.
2) Place the chosen material (string, wire, wood, etc.) on the wall in an organized manner. This method can mean multiple rows of the material horizontally or vertically.
3) Use the hooks on the fishing lures to place them on your chosen material. Please be wary of the weight distribution of each row to prevent breaking the material.
This might be a good option if your collection doesn’t have a lot of value but just looks cool.
How to Display Old Fishing Lures
If fishing is one of your favorite hobbies, why not show off your collection of vintage fishing lures? These three methods are simple and easy to follow, allowing you to create a beautiful display without too much hassle.
Whether you made them yourself or they have been passed down they still make for an interesting display. Even if they are store-bought the colors and the shapes are almost like artwork.
If you happen to be sitting on some vintage fishing lures don’t forget they could be worth some money! Vintage fishing lures worth some money!