Are hammocks really that great for a man cave?
Hammocks were invented for convenience and comfort. There’s no better way to manage limited space. Hammocks are just as good for casual napping as they are for providing a spot for the lame guy who drank too much too quickly to sleep somewhere that isn’t — you know — on the floor.
In general, hammocks are a convenient way to use limited space, but they’re also perfect for relaxation.
Best Indoor Hammock Quick Picks
- Best Hammock: Kootek Camping Hammock
- Best Hammock with Stand: Fatboy USA Headdemock Sunbrella Hammock
The Best Indoor Hammocks for Your Man Cave
We took the liberty of sifting through the thousands of hammocks out there to find six of the absolute best. These modern hammocks are very comfortable and have a ton of positive reviews. This guide provides you with only the best options and their specifications to enable you to make an informed choice.
Let’s take a look at some of the best indoor hammocks!
Though it might be a little colorful for a man cave, this spacious hammock is convenient and easy to set up. It has an adjustable section to tighten the hammock in order to limit sinking and improve balance and comfort.
The hammock is also thickened for support. The canvas fabric is skin-friendly and does not hinder breathing. Its maximum weight capacity is about 550 pounds and its fabric is super durable.
The steel reinforced knots and ropes are very strong so you do not have to worry about breaking it due to friction (from swinging). At both ends of the hammock are binding ropes made of tightly braided nylon, which increases the weight capacity.
There are 18 tightly braided traction ropes that contribute to holding the weight and providing support. Packaging and portability are made easy with its free carrying bag. This hammock bed is perfect for swinging, resting, sleeping, or just lounging.
It’s also lightweight if you want to take it somewhere else, like on a camping trip.
- Manufacturer – HD-IPC
- Product weight – 3.4 lbs
- Package dimension – 17.5x6x5.5 inches
- 2-in-1 use
- Minimal assembly required
- Anchor points required (if you’re setting it up inside)
- Maybe too colorful for a man cave
Hammock Sky’s Brazilian Double Hammock is probably a bit more comfortable than the previous option as it’s made of a cotton blend material versus canvas. Don’t let the soft feeling of the fabric fool you though, this hammock is still rated for almost 500 pounds.
The length of the Brazilian hammock is about 144 inches long in total, while the area that contains the bed itself is about 100 inches long. It’s nearly 60 inches wide, which makes it suitable for up to two people to share if your partner invades your man cave.
Like most hammock’s this version is just as good to use as a “sofa” as it is for a bed. It’s also easy to set up, regardless of whether you’re using it inside or out.
The Hammock Sky brand is a reputable brand with quality products. This is boldly represented by their lifetime warranty policy, which states that if a user is no longer happy with the product at any time in the future, they can return the product and get their money back.
- Manufacturer – Hammock Sky
- Item weight – 3.3 pounds
- Model number – LYSB00PB03YA2-PRTSEQIP
- Easy to set up
- Requires anchors
- Not 100% cotton (but this may be a pro as the polyester adds strength)
- Only comes in “natural” or colorful variations, which may not fit all man cave styles
3. Kootek Camping Hammock (Camping Style)
The Kootek Camping Hammock is easily one of the most versatile options. It will serve just as well for camping as it does for lounging about in your man cave, making it ideal for travel enthusiasts who also know how to kick back and relax at home.
As far as weight goes, the Kootek is super light and can be folded down and stuffed into a sack for easy storage or travel.
There are also loads of color options in addition to two sizes, so just about anyone should be able to find the option that’s best for them. The large-sized (118Lx78W) hammock is big enough for two.
This hammock bed plays so many roles at once it can easily steal the job of your sleeping bag, swing, cradle, or bed. The straps are adjustable and at least 10 feet long. You are not required to tie any knots either, simply lock the carabiner clips to any loop.
The material is made from 210T parachute with anti-tear, anti-fraying, and dirt resistance. Cleaning is extremely easy. However, the downside here is that it might sacrifice a little bit in terms of comfort compared to a hammock made of cotton.
The Kootek camping hammock is suitable for indoor and outdoor use, and it is also easy to pack up when you need to make a quick getaway.
- Maximum capacity – 500 lbs
- Material – 210T parachute fabric
- Size – 2 persons
- Highly versatile
- Extremely durable
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Great value
- Comes is a wide array of colors
- Versatility may sacrifice comfort
4. Fatboy USA Headdemock Sunbrella Hammock (Unique)
If you want something a little bit different, and you’re not against paying a premium price, Fatboy USA’s outdoor hammock makes use of a unique design that might be better described as a suspended bed.
However, don’t let that discourage you. This hammock is made for comfort and durability. Though it can only support up to 330 pounds, it’s made of a cushioned and unique material that is hyper resistant to dirt and spills.
It’s intended for outdoor use, but there’s no reason it won’t be a great addition to your man cave and doesn’t sacrifice comfort to make it sun and weather friendly.
Despite its unusual design (it even comes with a pillow!), it’s still easy to move out of the way if you need more space in your man cave.
Of all the options on this list, Fatboy USA’s entry is the most unique.
- Item weight – 50 pounds
- Manufacturer – Fatboy USA
- Fabric – Unique “Sunbrella” material
- Sturdy and can be used outdoors or indoors
- Prioritizes comfort
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Unique design
- Comes with a pillow
- Does not “cocoon” the user
- Not portable
5. Wise Owl Outfitters Hammock (Camping Style)
If you’re looking for an inexpensive hammock made in the US that’s as versatile as it is comfortable, regardless of where you’re using it, then you might be looking at your best bet.
Wise Owl also uses a parachute material, but think more along the lines of a comfortable nylon versus something harsh.
The lightweight single hammock is nine feet long and 4.5 feet wide. If you prefer something longer, with more space then you can opt for the 10 foot long, double hammock which is 6.5 feet wide and weighs just slightly more.
The hammock is easy to set up and will have you relaxing in your own personal space in no time. The hammock comes with a carrying bag for portability, but it’s equally comfortable and convenient for indoor use in a man cave.
There is a wide variety of colors to choose, including plenty of options that aren’t overly bright (that might look weird in a man cave).
- Weight limit – 500 lbs
- Material – 210T Parachute Nylon
- Dimension – single (9 ft L, 4.5 ft W), double (10 ft L, 6.5 ft W)
- Weight – 22 – 28 oz
- Sturdy and versatile, yet still comfortable
- Both options are affordable
- Easy to set up
- Easy to clean
- Comes in many colors
- Though this blend of parachute material is softer, it’s still not as comfortable as cotton for indoor use
6. Hammocks RADA The Ultimate Mayan Relaxation Hammock (Mayan Style)
Looking for a lazy-day hammock that can accommodate more people than the usual and yet retains its integrity? A Mayan relaxation Hammock is a great option for you. It is spacious and can accommodate up to three people with a weight capacity of 550 pounds.
The material of the multicolored hammock is made with the most comfortable cotton and nylon blend to give you that soft, smooth feel. The design is unique and hand-crafted by artisans from the Yucatan Peninsula.
You can finally have that me-time (or us-time) you’ve always dreamt about (with your loved ones) in the comfort of your spacious and cozy hammock bed.
There is no limit to where and how you can use this piece. It is easy to set up and comes in various color patterns.
- Manufacturers – Hammock RADA
- Package dimension – 13.4×6.5×3.9 inches
- Item weight – 3.25 lbs
- Item model number – family size
- Material – cotton/nylon
- Weight capacity – 550 lbs
- Extra spacious
- Mid-level price
- Very comfortable
- May require a hammock stand for outdoor use, though indoor setup should be relatively easy with the right hardware
Okay, so there are Mayan hammocks, El Salvadorian hammocks, jungle hammocks, Venezuelan hammocks, modern camping hammocks, and many more. The materials used for hammocks may widely differ as well. That means it can be quite a challenge picking which one will be best for you.
However, when it comes down to it, most hammocks are a blanket of fabric with a rigging system.
Advantages of a Hammock
A hammock is a must-have for every man cave! Hammocks have lots of advantages over beds and come in different shapes, sizes, and styles. Here are some advantages of using a hammock:
- It is significantly cheaper than having to buy a mattress, chair, couch, etc. (and you can move it out of the way!)
- It carries health benefits such as back support
- It doesn’t take up much space at all, rather, it allows you to manage your space effectively
- Most hammocks are portable and can be used indoors or outdoors
Who Uses Hammocks?
Hammocks can be used by anyone! They are particularly useful for travelers and adventurers but they can equally be used indoors by pretty much anyone.
There are various types and categories of hammocks to choose from, depending on your taste and personal requirements — but unless you’re studying cultures, the differences are fairly minimal.
Instead, there are only two differences that really matter:
- Camping vs. Stationary: Either of these options can be set up anywhere, so this is more a question of optimization. If you’re only ever going to use this in your man cave, though, a cotton based hammock might be more comfortable.
- Size: There aren’t many practical differences between hammock styles outside of their size. If you’re the only person that’s going to be using this hammock, there’s not much reason to get a double sized hammock. However, if you despise the “cocoon” effect of hammocks, you might want to choose a larger hammock.
Our Favorite Hammock for a Mancave
This comes down to a few key factors, but we found the Kootek Camping Hammock to be the best. Though it’s intended for camping, the cheap price doesn’t sacrifice quality. Plus, the Kootek offers the most color varieties and there are multiple sizing options, so there’s bound to be an option for everyone.
If relaxing in your man cave is your mission, there’s not a cheaper, more convenient way to do so than chilling in a hammock. They’re a fantastic option for making the most out of your space and if you also happen to enjoy the outdoors, most hammocks are super easy to take down and set back up in only a few minutes.
Simply put, there’s not a more versatile option out there. Good luck finding the best indoor hammock for your space!