Before the Louisville Slugger company began making baseball bats in the 1880’s, most players would make their own bats. As a baseball fan, you may have a collection of bats from your own athletic career or your favorite baseball team. Some baseball bats are worth big bucks. The bat Babe Ruth used to hit his first home run as a Yankee sold for $1.265 million in 2004. While your collection probably isn’t as valuable, if you want to display your baseball bats in your man cave, here’s how to display a baseball bat collection.
If you don’t want to put holes in your wall, all the methods below can also be done without a hammer or nail.
1. Baseball Bat Display Case
If you’re looking to display your baseball bat in which an enclosure protects your memorabilia, then a display case is the best choice. A display case will keep your baseball bat protected from any potential damage. A display case with UV protection is the best choice if you have an autographed baseball bat. If you buy a display case, it will be relatively easy to put together.
- Open the glass top of the display case.
- Place the baseball bat into the case in the proper area.
- Close and secure lid.
- Mount case to the wall with nails or place on a flat surface.
2. Baseball Bat Holder
You can choose to have your baseball bat placed into a holder. A baseball bat holder is typically made of wood and can either come in two pieces or as one piece. Baseball bat holders are easy to put together and are usually mounted to the wall. The instructions listed below will be for a two-piece baseball bat holder.
- Line up the two pieces on the desired location on the wall.
- Mount the pieces on the wall with nails.
- Place the baseball bat onto the two pieces.
3. Baseball Bat Rack
If you have several bats to display, a baseball bat rack is a great option. Unlike the baseball bat holder, the bat rack allows you to hang up multiple bats in a vertical placement. The instructions are quite similar to a baseball bat holder.
- Decide where you want to place the rack.
- Use a hammer to place nails in the wall.
- Place the rack onto the wall on top of the nails.
- Ensure that the rack is sturdy against the wall.
- Place the baseball bats into the desired slots.
When it comes to a baseball man cave, posters are okay but nothing is better than displaying some real memorabilia. With the three options listed above, you can easily create an awesome display for your baseball bats. If you have a mini bat collection, check out How to Display Mini Baseball Bats.