Do you call it ping pong or table tennis? Either way, it’s one popular pastime that people of any age can play, regardless of athletic ability. But most people probably don’t think of it as an outdoor activity.
We love a traditional foldable ping pong table as much as the next person, but the idea of playing outside with fresh air and plenty of space to move around is too appealing. To that end, we did some research to find the best outdoor ping pong table available. It was a tough road, but we ultimately ended up with four awesome contenders.
Best Outdoor Ping Pong Tables
We dug into the best outdoor table tennis tables the industry has to offer and whittled down the list to a select few that checked off all, or at least most, key features. These four tables vary slightly, but they are all sure to handle hours of outdoor competition.
As you compare tables, we suggest considering the color schemes and design features that matter most to you. We know that our favorite pick may not top your list, but we hope one of the others fits the bill!
1. Killerspin MyT7 BlackStorm Table Tennis Table
The Killerspin MyT7 BlackStorm is our pick for best outdoor ping pong table. Killerspin developed a sleek, urban-inspired ping pong table that looks low-profile but feels sturdy during play. It folds up easily for transport and storage, but all wheels lock so it doesn’t shift or roll during gameplay.
This table features a wood base covered in an aluminum-plastic top that’s weather-resistant and waterproof. You may still get a different bounce with this table like all outdoor tables, but it lands somewhere between the traditional wood and the aluminum tables.
Of note, you need to purchase balls and paddles for this table. Though it’s noted to be weather-resistant and waterproof, some users advised picking up a cover if you plan to keep it set up outside.
2. Kettler Eden Weatherproof Stationery Outdoor Table Tennis Table
- ROBUST WEATHERPROOF TABLE - The 9-feet long Eden table tennis table has an absolutely weatherproof melamine top that can stand any climate and still offer a great bounce and exciting play. Assembled dimensions: 108 L x 60 W x 30 H inches/ Approximate weight: 280 pounds.
- GALVANIZED STEEL LEGS and APRON - Just attach the 4-inch wide rectangular galvanized steel legs with a chrome look powder coat finish to keep this Kettler table upright. Anchor bolts are included and ready to be used to secure the table permanently. The outer edges are protected and supported by a 2-inch galvanized steel apron.
- PERMANENT NET AND POSTS - This game table comes with a permanent net and post system made of galvanized steel. It also has a chrome look powder-coat finish to match the rest of the table.
- PERFECT FOR OUTDOOR USE - Ideal for outdoor recreational areas such as in schools, resorts, apartment complex, parks and camps where it can be on play position all the time. Anchor bolts included.
- WARRANTY - The Eden table tennis table comes with a 10-year warranty on the top and 3-year warranty on all remaining components.
If you know where you want a ping pong table to stay then you may want to consider this one by Kettler. The Eden Outdoor features a melamine top and galvanized frame that can handle the elements so that it can stay in place year-round. You can even anchor the feet into the ground.
Despite the metal features, the top has an anti-glare coating to make gameplay more enjoyable. This sturdy table could move, but at 280 pounds, it’s going to take some effort.
Of note, you can remove the permanent net and make some alterations to the table to add a more traditional net. However, the permanent net is weatherproof and adds to the aesthetic.
3. Joola Nova Outdoor Table Tennis Table
The sleek blue and black table looks ready to roll for any backyard set-up. In fact, it does roll on sturdy, lockable wheels, in case you need to move it for any reason. You can set it up in about ten minutes, meaning you spend more time playing ping pong than preparing for it.
This table tennis set is perfect for a deck or patio because it’s weather-resistant. The tabletop is aluminum with a chic blue plastic composite surface that resists chips, nicks, and warping. You don’t have to worry much about the undercarriage because the powder-coating makes it rust-proof. Even the net is weatherproof!
Should you need to move the table, the oversized, heavy-duty, off-road wheels make it possible. Additionally, if you want to get in some solo practice, simply fold up one side to serve as a table back.
The only downside is that some users noted that the table doesn’t do well in rain. Some noted the white paint smudges. It may be worthwhile to pick up a cover if you plan to keep the table outdoors.
4. Stiga XTR Series Table Tennis Table
Stiga’s XTR series table arrives mostly assembled so you can start playing almost immediately. The white and blue table looks great and is easy to arrange on a patio, deck, or lawn, thanks to the lockable wheels and leveling feet.
You can fold up one half to practice solo, and the two separate parts make for easier storage. A few users noted some difficulty lining up the halves, but it didn’t seem to be an issue for most players.
Though this table may not play like a traditional wooden table, the aluminum and composite top makes it weather-resistant. While it can endure the elements and still remain playable, it’s still a good idea to cover the table.
Final Thoughts About Choosing an Outdoor Ping Pong Table
Aren’t these tables awesome? There’s something for every taste, even people looking for a permanent fixture in their backyard! If you’re not sure which is the best outdoor ping pong table for you, try asking some basic questions to narrow your field.
- Do you need to be able to fold it up and store it? If so, the stationary tables probably won’t work as well. However, if you want to set it and leave, you may want to invest in the Kettler Eden.
- Would you like to be able to practice solo? Not every table adjusts for solo play, and even then, it may not be an easy adjustment for one person. You may want to consider that when selecting a table.
- Does color matter? Be honest, if you don’t want to clash with your backyard, you may not want a white and blue to table if a black one blends better.
- If you’re still stuck in a tie between two close contenders, you may want to compare additional features, like warranties and accessories.
It’s tough to go wrong with any of these outdoor ping pong tables. They all open the door to a world of outdoor entertainment and friendly competition!