Is your man cave really complete without a beer fridge? Do you really want to have to make the (presumably) long trek to the kitchen to grab drinks?
Of course not! A man cave needs a beer fridge. Whether you’re watching the big game or playing beer pong with friends, having a beer fridge inside your man cave is extremely convenient.
But looking online for a mini fridge can be tiresome. There are literally thousands of options and many of them appear almost identical. That’s why we’ve made this quick guide to help you find the best beer fridge for your man cave.
Let’s get started!
Best Beer Fridges for Your Man Cave
1. NewAir AB-1200B Beverage Refrigerator
- Black finish blends with nearly every decor
- Door lock keeps your beverages out of the wrong hands
- Roomy design stores up to 126 standard cans
- Energy efficient, costs just $0.27 per day to operate
- Chills beer and soda to an icy 34 degrees
When you purchase the NewAir, you get more than just a beer fridge. The stainless steel, 126-can capacity fridge is at the top of its class and looks like an art piece you would find in a man cave on TV or in a trendy bar.
The transparent glass door lets you (and your visitors) take note of your current stock. Plus, it looks professional. If you want to add a touch of class to your man cave, this is the way. The design is very retro, with a montage of logos on the sides.
You can choose your preferred temperature from seven custom thermostat settings. The temperature ranges from 37oF to 64oF.
The first thing you notice is the stainless steel door with reversible handle and a double-paned (important for temperature regulation) glass door. Upon opening, it reveals five removable chrome racks which can be shifted to accommodate bigger storage containers or bottles. The slit-shelf allows you to maximize space.
You will also notice cool LED lighting just at the top of the interior that’s bright enough to comfortably see inside without blinding yourself.
2. Whynter BR-128WS Lock Stainless Steel Beverage Refrigerator
- Measures: 18.5" Long x 17" Wide x 33" High
- Capacity: 120 standard 12 oz. cans
- Stainless steel trimmed glass door with sleek white cabinet, recessed handle provides a flush finish with the door with cylinder lock and two keys
- Mechanical temperature control with temperature range from high 30ºF - mid 60ºF
- Soft interior LED lighting with on/off switch
The chrome metal on the transparent door of the Whynter fridge gives the icebox a sleek look that gives a little life to the otherwise all-white exterior. There’s slightly less space in this option from Whynter, but not enough to make a big difference.
What does make a big difference is the near $100 price difference. With the money you save from choosing this option instead of the New Air, you could easily buy some sick decals to spruce up the exterior.
Its temperature ranges from the high 30s to the low 60s, and is controlled by a dial control.
One unique feature that might be great for man cave “dwellers” that also have children, there’s a cylinder lock on the BR-128 that provides security from unauthorized access. This is a most important feature if you have a roommate with curious fingers.
3. Midea WHS-121LSS1 Refrigerator
- Includes separate freezer compartment for foods that need extra chilling | However cannot be used for Storing Frozen Foods or making ice cubes
- Product dimensions – 17.7” D x 18.6” W x 33.9” H | Refrigerator capacity – 3.3 Cubic. Feet | Weight – 39.5 lbs. | Voltage – 120V | Temperature range – 32ᵒ to 35.6ᵒ Fahrenheit | Noise rating – 42 dB
- Features Adjustable Legs and a Reversible Door that open from Left or Right
- Large Storage Areas Excellent at Chilling Beverages and Healthy Snacks | Energy Star Rated
- The Internal Walls of the Main Compartment are Slightly Tapered Toward the Back | Rated for indoor use only
The Midea has a more traditional look that you may be familiar with. Its sleek angles and stainless steel exterior have the feel of a luxury beer fridge. At a glance, you will notice several key features, such as its authentic design, simplicity, size, and weight.
Oh, and it has options too: you can buy this fridge in black, white, or steel, and there’s a 3.3 cubic foot option as well as a 4.4 cubic foot option.
This model features a dial temperature adjusting system that enables you to adjust the internal temperature easily, in addition to adjustable legs for balance. The door shelves can hold larger bottles, cans, and containers of various shapes while the shelves can support several dozen cans, snacks, and so on.
Unlike the previous products, this design has a “freezer” compartment too, but it’s better used for cooling drinks quickly as opposed to literal use as a mini freezer.
If your man cave is compact, you will love the reversible door design that is accommodating of most spaces.
4. Bull Outdoor Products 11001 Stainless Steel Front Panel Refrigerator
- Stainless steel exterior door panel
- Space saving flush back design
- Reversible door - left or right swing
- Full range temperature control
- 4. 4 cu. ft. of space to keep beverages and food ice cold
Bull Outdoor Products’ entry to our list is very similar to the previous product by Midea. The price point, however, may be an immediate turn off for some users though as its biggest selling point is longevity — despite costing almost twice as much as the previous option.
However, one perk that might be huge for some man cave owners is that the Bull Outdoor Products Fridge is (surprise!) capable of being used outside. So, if your man cave is set up in a garage or other room with lax insulation, this may be the perfect option as it won’t rack up your energy bill and it can survive outdoor temperatures without exploding.
The product features a nice stainless steel exterior with a set of temperature controls that ensure that you get the most suitable internal environment for your groceries.
The product comes with three racks for the proper arrangement of consumables as well as a lower chamber for the storage of perishables.
The beer fridge is suitable for the living room, kitchen, bedroom, office, dorm, and both indoor and outdoor events. It is highly durable and surprisingly affordable.
5. Phiestina 15 Inch Beverage Cooler Refrigerator
- Advanced Compressor Cooling and Air Circulation System: Higher energy efficiency, lower noise.
- Digital Memory Temperature Control: LED Lighting. Fahrenheit/Celsius Degree Switch. Temp range 38-50°F/3-10°C.
- Built-in or Freestanding Installation: Dimension(without handle): W14.9” x H33.9” x D22.4”
- Reversible Door Hinge: Use the left side door hinge to reverse the door opening side if necessary.
Our next fridge is easily our favorite option for a man cave, though it’s also the most expensive. To that end, whether your man cave has a classy, sporty, or gaming-centered aesthetic, this super fridge will fit right in.
The shelves are made of black coated steel so there’s little to risk of warping or breaking, and a digital display reads the internal temperature. Button controls also make it exceptionally easy to use with increased precision over dial controls.
The door uses double-paned glass and the cooling system is remarkably efficient and quiet.
Now for the bad, this mini fridge is expensive. For a little over $500, you get a remarkable fridge but the price tag might be hard to justify.
Conversely, this fridge — though slightly smaller than some of the other standard size mini fridges on this list — makes excellent use of its space. It can still fit nearly 100 cans and yet, it’s thin profile will fit just about anywhere.
If you really need the higher capacity, this is a good way to go.
6. hOmeLabs Beverage Refrigerator and Cooler
- MODERN ELECTRIC BEVERAGE COOLER - This 3.2 cubic feet, free standing beverage refrigerator features an elegant see through, left hinge glass front door with a stainless steel frame for you to view your wine, beer or soda at a glance. Its white LED interior light illuminates for easy, nighttime selection of your favorite chilled drink
- LARGE CAPACITY BEER & WINE CHILLER - Under counter beverage cooler with large, internal storage design is equipped with 3 adjustable and removable chrome shelves. Drinks organizer conveniently holds up to 120 standard sized soda or beer cans, or several bottles of wine
- ADVANCED TEMPERATURE CONTROLS - Single zone beverage mini refrigerator has an easy touch temperature control that cools down to 34°F, and large digital display for quick monitoring and setting of any temperature. Its memory function automatically restores the preset temperature of the cooler in case it becomes unplugged, or in the event of a power outage
- POWERFUL COOLING SYSTEM - Our 120V 240W heavy duty, vertical chiller features energy efficient advanced technology, and a whisper quiet compressor that works with a small convection fan to cool quickly, and keep consistent air circulation for a uniform temperature supply inside. Perfect for an office, dorm, apartment, RV, restaurant, home kitchen and more
- AUTO DEFROSTING FUNCTION - Beverage cooler is also designed with an additional temperature sensor for auto defrost mode. External size: 18.9” W (front across) x 33.3” H (top to bottom) x 17.30” D (front to back). Internal size: 16” W x 29” H x 12” D. NOTE: Images show EXTERNAL Dimensions rounded UP to nearest decimal. Warning: Do not use this cooler to store fresh foods, such as meats, vegetables, fruits, etc. This product can only be used to chill beverages.
This free-standing mini fridge has LED lights that give you the added advantage both for viewing the contents of your mini fridge as well as selecting your favorite drink at night with ease.
Its three adjustable shelves give you the option of flexible use. On each end of the shelves there are two stoppers. They prevent the shelves from falling and keep your bottles intact.
Its temperature control is top notch with its soft-touch buttons. With it, you can control the temperature, monitor, and adjust it to your preference. In case of a power outage, the memory function automatically picks the last setting.
It also comes with an automatic defrosting setting. This activates when its sensor determines that too much frost has built up. This is a special feature that sets it apart from the rest.
Best Beer Fridge Buyer’s Guide
When you’re buying a beer fridge, there’s really no reason to go for a full sized fridge unless your man cave can fit dozens of people that are each drinking a dozen cans (no judgement if that’s the case). Instead, a half-size or mini fridge will totally work.
Beyond that, you have to consider style points. Sure, a plain fridge gets the job done but if your man cave has sick decorations everywhere, do you really want a boring fridge? Or, maybe you could care less what it looks like and you really only want something that works.
That’s fine too — it’s your man cave!
But these are both important things to consider.
What Size Should I Get?
As usual, everything goes back to your preference but if you have limited space, you’re not going to want something big. You should also consider how many people are usually hanging out in your mini fridge.
If it’s only you, a fridge with a smaller capacity might be fine. On the other hand, if you always have company, maybe a bigger capacity is better.
Do I Go for Style Points?
Again, this is up to you. Glass door fridges are arguably cooler (no pun intended), but if your fridge is going under a bar where no one will really see it, then going for a cheaper steel door might make more sense.
How Much Does It Cost To Run A Mini Fridge?
Beyond the cost of purchasing your beer fridge, you may be wondering about the electricity costs to run it. It’s actually pretty inexpensive. We wrote a whole article that goes over the factors that go into the cost to run a mini fridge.
These are our favorites on the best options for beer fridges on the market. If nothing else, we hope this guide puts you on the right path and gives you some points to think about.
If you liked this article, why not check out some of our other articles to find ways to really deck your man cave out?